Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Thursday, December 10, 2009

wet dog soup


* They serve a soup here that smells exactly like a wet dog. It is probably one the foulest smelling foods I have ever encountered and I had it ordered for me at the business dinner that Chin hosted. It was the vegetarian alternative to the Korean BBQ being served. The restaurant staff swore that there was no shrimp and no meat (asides from the huge crab claw floating in it) so I had to try it. That's right, I ate the wet dog soup. I was shocked, it tasted so much better then it smelled thank goodness!
* Lucas, I'm watching an English movie on TV and it has the dad from Fringe in it. I miss watching Fringy with you.
* Well she did it. That belly dancing instructor finally got me out of my comfort zone. It took her three classes to do it. I started out by just wearing the beaded belt and dancing with my shirt (that she forcefully)rolled up. The next lesson she had the belt and genie pants for me to wear. I put the genie pants over my regular work out pants because I still wasn't comfortable with dressing up for class. When I attended the third class she had the belt, the genie pants, and a beaded bra for me to wear. The bra was way too small so I just put it on top of my regular bra. So now she has me looking as fancy as the other students in the class. The good thing is I didn't need to buy the outfit like everyone else did. She said because I'm "foreigner, its gift."
* I got my package today! My parents, Lucas, and the Poulos family put together a care package for me. It took 20 days to get it but it was worth it. Thank you all so much!!!! The customs agent at FED Ex wouldn't release my package until I had submitted a detailed spread sheet listing all of the items in the box, why I need each item, and a website featuring a picture of the item. Then on top of that I needed to pay a tax on it too! Argh! Anyways, it was a learning experience, now we know never to send a box with a value over $150.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that shirt is ridiculous!
    hahahah wet dog soup. so disgusting. I don't think I could've even tried it. you're a superhero. haha
    let's skype soon. maybe tomorrow afternoon? <3

    ReplyDelete