Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 2


• Its 5am and I am up like a tweaker cleaning and moving furniture; I’m sure my new neighbors love me!
• The floors are heated in my apartment which is nice for my feet, but bad for the chocolate Luna Bar in my luggage sitting on the floor all night. Mmmmmmm melty, squishy, goodness.
• For breakfast I am drinking a bottle of what I can only guess from the pictures is some kind of sunflower, peanut, hazelnut milk…. “Try a little something new; try a little something different!”
• I came home from my first day of work today and someone had broken into my apartment. They brought a TV, dresser, dishwashing soap, a vacuum cleaner, and a pair of sandals. It was such an awesome surprise! I can only hope they come back tomorrow and bring hangers, an adapter, rug, and some Q-Tips would be nice too.
• Dear Angela, jealous much? I’ve got Beatrix Potter shower shoes- booya!
• Now when I come home my teeth will be even whiter than before! Everyone at work brings a toothbrush and toothpaste in small toiletry bags and leaves them in the restrooms. After we eat breakfast or lunch we all go to the restroom and brush our teeth together hahahaha! (Lucas- “tope teeth, white teeth, tope teeth, white teeth.”)
• Ummmm, Melissa? Why is my toilet seat broken? Did you have something to do with that?
• Hey!!! There is a puffer fish in my fish oil pills!!! How did you do that? Lucas, Angela, Mom, I’m looking in your direction and shaking my fist vigorously.
• Lucas, I have cable TV, even 3 English channels to watch. I’m watching that terrible movie, “Journey to the Center of the Earth” and thinking of you! Ooooooo, agutiiiiii!!!!
• One of the hardest things for me to try to get use to is not drinking water during a meal. Koreans drink either before or after but no one has a glass of anything at their tables when they are eating their meals at the work cafeteria.

3 comments:

  1. Dont forget your floor could be used as a clothing dryer and yes I broke your toilet seat so you feel more at home. Suprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fish just needed some fish oil. puffer did it himself. just jumped right in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Lucas said the puffer fish wanted to be with his family.

    ReplyDelete