Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 8


• This morning I had a dr. appointment scheduled so I can get my E2 visa physical to I can have legal status here. I went to work, had some coffee, and was halfway through my meal when I realized I was suppose to be fasting for 12 hours before the blood test. Ooops! I have to re-schedule it.
• I was so excited, Hye Jeung invited me to go hiking next weekend with her husband and friends. We are going to a “small mountain for climbing” somewhere near her house. I am so glad I have her as a friend, so many other co-workers are afraid to talk to me because they are embarrassed about their English not being perfect.
• Lucas, I am watching a move in English about a bus that had to keep its speed. And if it didn’t keep its speed it would blow up. I think it’s called ‘the bus that couldn’t slow down.’
• Korean’s don’t use large bath towels. They take too long to dry so they use sham-wows the size of dish cloths to dry off with. I’m not a big fan but they do take up a lot less space in the washing machine.
• I still have a bag full of crab apples! I can’t eat them all!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I would think they wouldn't be embarrased. It is a great opportunity to learn english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait..like that sham-wow-esque towel you brought to Catalina? That thing is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly like that towel! In fact, I brought that towel with me because I wasn't sure my new apartment would be supplied with any.

    ReplyDelete