Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 11


• Today is Halloween! Unfortunately they don’t celebrate it here. Apparently something like 1/3 of the workers at my company are Jehovah Witnesses so no coming to work with a silly hat on or anything for me. Today is also the first rainy day I’ve experienced, good think I packed an umbrella. It wouldn’t be Halloween without a light rain.
• Make that heavy thunder and lightning storm.
• I went to E-Mart with Chin and Richard and outside they have machines that you put your wet umbrella into and it wraps it in plastic so you won’t drip water in the store. So smart! It has plastic bags for both large and small umbrellas!
• I wanted to get a bunny rabbit today but because it is so story I decided not to. I couldn’t carry a bunny, cage, and my umbrella successfully in the pouring rain so I will wait till next week maybe.
• I came home from the office this afternoon and once again the TV was turned on by itself just like last Saturday morning. So instead of a poltergeist or someone breaking in to my house to watch TV my new theory is that it’s on a timer. I have no way of fixing the problem because the menu is in Korean. I will just have to remember to unplug the TV before I leave the house on Saturdays.

5 comments:

  1. So what is on TV? Are there any English shows that connect you to the states? That is so weird about 1/3 of the workers being JW. I didn't know there were Korean JW? Send me your address on email and a list of your favorite candies and I will ship you some late Halloween candies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!!! FYI my office phone number is 011-822-2225-5733

    Renee Bazant
    Hyundae Young-O-Sa
    448-10 Hyukjae Building
    Seongnae Dong
    Kangdong-gu, Seoul, Korea
    134-847

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what are your favorite candies? or shall I say, what won't you eat? he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! You're easy to please.
    Now to get to a post office!

    ReplyDelete