Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 19


• Nothing too exciting today. It was raining for most of the day so I stayed inside and cleaned the apartment. When the weather did clear up I went to my favorite dollar store and bought a few items. I just had to take a picture of the socks I saw there. The white girl is saying, “Hi Tom,” and the black boy is saying “Hey, yo baby.” Can any one say “stereotype?”
• The rain seemed to keep the Christians at bay today. Usually as you walk by all the churches on Sunday people try to stop you and hand you tea so they can talk to you about how great their church is. A lot of youth groups will stand out on the streets and sing much like the Hare Krishna's at the airport. I guess there are a lot of churches in my neighborhood and they are very competitive against one another.

3 comments:

  1. I was helping a girl with her paper today, just trying to stick to grammar and whatnot...
    oh MAN. it was all about how great religion is (well, christianity) and how it should be the FOUNDATION of our government. did you know people can't have good morals unless they let jesus into their hearts? and that there should be NO separation between church and state?
    I wasn't allowed to grade on content... thank GOD. haha I had to stop really READING it and only check grammar after I got through the first page or two.
    anyway, I thought you'd find that amusing. Good luck on your heathenism is seoul. LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find that amusing! I don't think I would be able to keep my mouth shut and just fix the grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are great! You could never buy anything that wrong in the states! I like the baby pastel ABC letters. Do they see these as wholesome? They are disturbing on so many levels. I would like to see what they decorate their nurseries with!

    ReplyDelete