Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 15


• Today I made sure to scan my badge on my way in to work this morning. Hye Jeung said that when ever she forgets to scan her badge at work she gets a reminder email sent from the company. So that is what those Korean memos were about. I was getting one every day but since I can’t read Korean I figured that if it was really an important memo than it would be in English. Guess not, ooops! I’m just so used to getting my memos read to me in a funny accent by Melissa that I just naturally assumed that the memo was not important.
• At lunch Hye Jeung walked with me to the pharmacy so that I could get some birth control. I managed to leave my 4 month supply that I had gathered specifically for the move over here at home. I need birth control so that my face won’t break out. My skin gets really bad if my hormones are not controlled. Anyways, apparently here you don’t need a prescription for birth control, it’s over the counter and costs about $13 U.S.
• I tried on Chin’s hiking boots today, even thought they are a 7.5 they fit! Maybe that is a men’s 7.5? I was thrilled! Now if only we were going hiking this weekend 
• Sunny and I are going to a conference on Saturday. It’s free, and you know me, always adding to that curriculum vitae. It is nearly novel length now, at least short story length for sure.
• After work Sunny and I went to the gym and I am not impressed. I will try to get her to go to the free gym which has the same equipment, just less of it and not TV’s to watch as you work out. No big deal, I can’t understand Korean television anyways, I’ll stick with my ipod.

4 comments:

  1. Trashcan face watches you pee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo! He would never do that! Why, just because I punch him in the nose and fill him with trash? I guess he has a good reason to hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Korean memos... how were you supposed to know? lol
    I hope you had fun at the conference. what was it for???

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a conference on English language development. I thought it seemed relevant to the job I am doing so I guess I should go, plus it was free and they provided lunch. In fact, they ran out of tuna sandwiches so the guy in charge of the conference stole a tuna sandwich from a presenter since it was the only food option there that I could eat, how nice was that? I always like it when someone steals on my behalf... Melissa

    ReplyDelete