Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 24


• Today was a rainy day but Hye Jeung and I went out for lunch anyways. I wanted to treat her because she had let me use her phone when I needed to take the subway to the Y’z League office. I needed to get out of the office and wrap my hands around a warm coffee. My office is freezing because it is separate from the rest of the floor. We shared an order of garlic cheese toast. Its really interesting because they serve it covered in honey or maybe corn syrup, either way it was really sticky and sweet flavored garlic toast.
• So after lunch I went back to work and Chin came in and saw that I was freezing in the office so she called someone to come up and fix our heater. A man came up stairs to check the heater but he said that because our office is separate from the rest of the floor we will not get heat like the rest of the office does. The man saw that I was sitting at my desk with the little blanket that Hye Jeung gave me and felt bad for me so ten minutes later he reappeared with a mini heater that he parked next to my desk! I was soooooo happy! I emailed Hye Jeung right away to tell her the good news; she wrote back and said that I saved her $20 because she had just ordered one on line for me! How sweet is she!?!?!?!?!
• After work Sunny and I went to a wine bar overlooking the Hangang River. Both the view and the prices were amazing! They sold wine by the bottle and the cheapest bottle was $60. The only wine by the glass they offered was the house $12 wine that tasted like it was from a box and then watered down on top of that! I was defiantly not impressed with the place. We ordered an assorted cheese plate for $30 and I was horrified when they brought out a tiny bowl with ritz and saltine crackers along with some cheeses wrapped up like candy or throat lozenges. I told Sunny that I wasn’t paying $30 for that crap and she started laughing uncontrollably. Apparently that was just the bowl of snacks that they put out at all the tables, and wasn’t our assorted cheese order after all. I was so relieved when a platter with very good cheeses arrived minutes later. Yet, I have no plans to ever go back to that place no matter how good the cheese or the view was.

No comments:

Post a Comment