Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 27


• I forgot to tell you all about the politically incorrect sporting goods store at the base of the mountain we were climbing this past weekend. Right next door to the North Face store was the Red Face store. No joke! It’s a legitimate Korean out door gear shop. I’m kicking myself for not taking a picture of it. I think I was just too tired to pull my camera out at that point.
• So instead of working in the garden or taking cruses around the world, when Koreans retire they spend their free time hiking. Some of these old men and women were blazing past me on the trail and climbing like spider monkeys over the difficult rock course. I was shocked at how agile they were. Now I really want to be an old Korean woman when I grow up.
• Lucas, I keep forgetting to tell you that they have a commercial on TV for some kind of drink, or maybe it is soy sauce, but anyways, in the background they are playing Regina Spektor’s “On the Radio.” Every time I hear it I think of you. Oooooo.
• I just found the Korean Jon and Kate plus 8. Actually it’s a Korean family with 4 or 5 toddles. The dad just put some tooth paste on the kid’s bug bites; I wonder if that works to stop the itch or not?
• Angela, you will be proud. Even though I was very sore from the hike this weekend, I went to the gym with the girls tonight. I just did a little walking on the treadmill and some stretching to help with the tightness I feel in my thighs and calf muscles. Its fun because the girls know nothing about fitness and regard me as like their personal trainer. When ever we are doing tough exercises I always say “oh, this is my sister’s favorite.” They think you have way too many favorites, and they don’t seem to like them as much as you or I do. And they do not follow the “when you can’t do any more, do five more” rule. They just collapse and say “I go” which is Korean for ‘I’m dying.’ Ha ha ha ha, I miss working out with my sis!

1 comment:

  1. you CAN be an old Korean woman when you grow up!! just never give up!
    I like "I go" hahaha thanks, I feel like they won't like me much if they ever meet me. "oh, you're her SISTER. you're the one that induces PAIN." haha

    ReplyDelete