Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 22


• You know what I miss? (Asides from my wonderful family) I miss fabric softener. My clean underwear feels like it is made out of cardboard. There is just something wrong about having clean clothes that can stand up on their own.
• Today was stick day! I gave a box of sticks to both Chin and to Hye Jeung. It really is like Valentines Day here. But instead of people walking around with boxes of chalky conversation heart, they are walking around with boxes of chocolate covered bread sticks. Since I couldn’t find pretzel sticks to make Jane’s famous chocolate covered pretzels I just bought some coffee flavored sticks to give out instead. Without knowing it, I picked the box that says true friend in Korean.
• You know what else I miss? (Asides from my wonderful family, and fabric softener) I miss wearing flip flops every day. I hate wearing high heals! Argh! Apparently, girls wear high heals year round here. Even in the winter when it is snowing women wear high heal boots not flat, safe, comfortable ugs. My feet hate Korea.
• Today I took the subway all by myself! And I didn’t get lost! Ok, I almost got lost. I almost got on the wrong train. Ok, I almost got on the wrong train twice, but it’s really tricky. The subway line that goes to my house is actually a ‘u’ shape so you need to make sure you take the correct train when you get to the fork in the road. I went to Y’z League to mentor some of the teachers there and help them with the writing projects I assigned them. It takes 2 subway lines and about 45 minutes to get there. Hye Jeung let me barrow her cell phone so I would have access to help if I needed it.

2 comments:

  1. I promise to give you a foot massage when I see you next...
    You should do toe-races (the kind Zoe likes) to make sure your feet are nice and strong and don't get too beat up...
    guess what I just found?!!!! the ear-buds that go to my iphone. :) after being missing ALL freaking summer, I found them in a small box that housed some old computer stuff.
    good job on the subway! I would for sure be getting lost...
    LOVE YOU <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I thought I stole them from you!

    ReplyDelete