Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 39


• Today I walked a different route to get to the subway and found a really good grocery store. Its only 2 blocks away so now I will not be dependent on Chin taking me grocery shopping on the weekend. Though I am looking forward to going to Costco with Chin tomorrow, I wonder if it will be similar to the one back home.
• I took the subway to Emart, which is 2 stops away and got my bunny!!!! His name is “toe key” pokey. “Toe key” means rabbit in Korean, and I added pokey to make it more like the song hokey pokey. I will have to ask Chin tomorrow what pokey means in Korean. I don’t want to accidently call him a bad name. He is really cute. He got to ride on the subway home with me which was fun carry his cage and getting loads of strange looks from people. He is so tiny and cute! I gave him an apple and he didn’t know it was food. He sat on it for a while and then after 20 minutes he realized it was something he could eat and now it’s his new favorite food.

3 comments:

  1. AWWW that's such a cute name!!! Post a picture of your rabbit next time. =))) 3<

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you say, "Crazy white lady is talking to her dinner" in Korean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha teeny tiny tokey pokey!!!
    I'm so excited for you!!! :) I wanna see pics of him.

    ReplyDelete