Other Sisters

Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 21


• Today I went out to lunch with Hye Jeung, we went to a Thai food restaurant. Although it smelled like Thai food, it was just more Korean food. I really wanted eggplant, tofu, and basil leaves, but instead got more soup, rice, and kimchi.
• Oh my goodness Angela! They have a yogurt drink here that tastes exactly like red skittles!!! Oh, it’s my new favorite! You would love it!
• Speaking of things Angela would love, tonight was movie night at my work and I saw a movie that she would love. After work the staff went to the roof and watched the movie “Once.” It was such a great movie! The ending is so good because it’s not the typical happy ending; it’s more true to life. Angela would love the music; the whole movie is practically sung. Apparently my work has movie night twice a month and provides snacks like roman noodles, beef jerky, popcorn, and even beer. Although the movie is played outside in the garden I was wearing my super warm coat (the one with the huge cigarette burn on it) so I wasn’t cold. I also had a little lap blanket that Hye Jeung gave me to use at my desk to keep warm when I’m in my office. It’s great, now I have a little blanky and slippers to wear when ever I work at my desk.
• When I got home today I had a new refrigerator! And yesterday someone came and fixed my water heater and I got new hoses for my water pipes so they won’t leak any more! Everything’s coming up Millhouse!

2 comments:

  1. skittlebrau!!!
    so the movie has subtitles for you? or are you that good at korean already?
    yay refrigerator fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, its an Irish or English movie so it actually had Korean subtitles for them.

    ReplyDelete